What is acupuncture?
Traditional acupuncture is a trusted therapy based on ancient principles that have been developed, researched and refined for over 2,000 years, which aims to bring balance back to the body. It involves the insertion of very fine needles into specific points on the body to regulate the flow of ‘qi’, your body’s vital energy. For a number of lifestyle and environmental reasons, qi can become disturbed, depleted or blocked, which can result in some symptoms of pain and illness.
Treatment is aimed at the root of your condition as well as your main symptoms. This approach helps with resolving your problem and enhancing your feeling of wellbeing. You may notice other niggling problems resolve as your main health complaint improves.
Rebecca and her trusted team are all registered with UK regulatory bodies for traditional acupuncture, ensuring the highest quality and standards. Trained in using Chinese medical diagnostic techniques, such as pulse and tongue diagnosis, your practitioner will create the most appropriate and effective treatment programme for you.
What can acupuncture help with?
Acupuncture is suitable for all ages, from children to the elderly. Many people use acupuncture as a way to stay healthy, giving the body time to relax and rebalance. It can also be very helpful for a wide range of health conditions, including (but not limited to!):
- Helping to support optimum fertility for both male and females
- For migraines and headaches
- During pregnancy, labour pain relief and for post natal care
- Pain relief particularly lower back pain, as mentioned by NHS Choices site http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Acupuncture/Pages/What-is-it-used-for.aspx
- muscular skeletal problems in general such as osteoarthritis
- Help to give up smoking or compulsive eating
- Stress relief
- Anxiety and depression
- Eczema and asthma
- Staying well amongst the hectic demands of modern life.
What happens at an appointment?
Your first acupuncture appointment treatment will last between 60 and 90 minutes. At this appointment, your practitioner may use a variety of diagnostic techniques and treatments to help rebalance your body and improve your health and wellbeing. These may include:
- Chinese pulse and tongue diagnosis
- Traditional acupuncture
- Auricular acupuncture: thought to be especially effective for detoxing, treating addictions, anxiety, stress, obesity and pain. Tiny magnetic beads are temporarily secured on the ear over specific acupuncture points. These beads can then be pressed at home or work to help relieve hunger pangs, cravings and stress
- Cupping therapy: famously used by Gwyneth Paltrow, cupping therapy places special vacuum cups on the skin to increase local circulation. Great for sore backs and tense shoulders and especially good for people who spend long hours at their desks
- Moxibustion for pregnancy, a natural and effective method for turning babies in the breach position.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
Used for thousands of years by the wives of Chinese emperors to look more radiant, some call this popular therapy the ‘non-surgical face lift’. Patients report improvement in the vitality of their face and skin elasticity. The Norwich Acupuncture Rooms offers a range of facial rejuvenation acupuncture treatments, with or without needles.
The Norwich Acupuncture Rooms
Our community acupuncture clinic provides an opportunity for everyone to experience regular acupuncture sessions at a highly competitive price. Rebecca and her acupuncture team work with several patients at the same time in a multi-bed setting, similar to how acupuncturists work in clinics all over China on a daily basis. Acupuncture works more effectively when sessions are carried out weekly to begin with.
Acupuncture needles take 20-45 minutes to do their work. It’s therefore possible for an acupuncturist to treat a person, leave them to relax while another person is being treated. As more than one person is treated within an hour, the multi-bed setting enables the cost to be reduced. The atmosphere has a positive community spirit.
Multi-bed clinic times:
Wednesday: 9.20am-5pm 5pm-8pm
(Recommended as an initial appointment prior to multi-bed sessions)
First appointment: £60 for 90 minutes
Follow up Appointments: £45 for one hour
At your first appointment a full case history will be taken from you and a comprehensive evaluation made of the best treatment options for you.
£24 per session, £21 per session for seniors
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
£70 for 90 minutes
Special Offer: Book six treatments for the special price of £55 each
(Not available in multi-bed clinic)
To book an appointment or to make an enquiry, please call: 01603 514195.
To see what other complementary therapies, holistic workshops and pilates classes we offer go to our new Complementary Health Care Clinic treat-Norwich.